So … you enjoy working with children …
... you’d like to stay at home with your
own children or grandchildren,
work flexible hours, and receive an income...
… becoming a home based Educator could be just what you want!
An Educator Overview
- Home based Educators care for children in their own homes.
- Educators must undergo a health and safety audit on their premises and their practices with children.
- You must also pass a police vet, as does anyone else over the age of 17 years who resides at the home or regularly visits.
- Educators must hold or complete an approved First Aid certificate within four months of enrolling.
- Our Educators are self-employed therefore set their own payment rates and days/hours they work.
- All care is overseen by one of our local Visiting Teachers (all VT’s are ECE qualified and registered) who will visit each month (minimum) in accordance with Ministry of Education regulations.
- As an Educator, you follow children’s interests and development through the type of environment you provide. You will document this and the learning occurring for each child on Educa.
- Your VT will support you through resources, advice and guidance.
- An Educator may have no more than four children at one time (no more than two under two years) so the ratios for children in care are much more than excellent!
- You are welcome to contact your VT at any time with any questions or concerns.